This Website collects some Personal Data from its Users.
Reading will take you about 11 minutes
Why this privacy statement?
What data do we process from you and how?
- BrandsOnline may receive your data directly from you, e.g. when you provide it when you contact BrandsOnline via the Website, when you ask BrandsOnline for a quote etc.
- BrandsOnline does not collect or process any special categories of personal data or sensitive data about you, unless you would voluntarily provide it to us through the Website.
Who has access to your personal data (besides BrandsOnline)?
- Your personal data shall be processed by our partners, service providers or suppliers in connection with making the Website available to you. This includes our hosting providers, IT partners, web administrators or other partners or service providers related to the Website. BrandsOnline verifies with its partners, service providers, processors and/or sub processors that they take the necessary appropriate (security) measures in accordance with the GDPR or other applicable data protection legislation to protect your data and concludes the necessary data protection agreements with its (sub)processors.
- Finally, we may be required, by law or following a request by supervisory authorities, courts or government agencies, to disclose your data to them or to a third party.
How long do we process or store your data?
- We will not keep, collect, handle or process your data longer than necessary for the purposes as described above in section 3. We endeavor to use the minimum data that is required for the purposes and/or by law. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, your identification and electronic data (see section 4 above) will be kept for as long as you use our Website in connection with which such personal data is processed, unless special legal provisions apply to the storage or processing thereof or longer storage or processing is required to defend our interests in legal proceedings or unless there is any other specific legitimate interest of BrandsOnline in this regard for longer storage or processing.
- The retention period for your personal data may vary depending on the purposes of the processing and our legal obligations.
- In any case, the general principle always applies that we do not keep your data longer than necessary. If your personal data are no longer required for the purposes intended, we will, if necessary, delete or otherwise anonymise your personal data.
What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
- You have the right to request access to your data.You may obtain one copy of the requested information free of charge. If you request additional copies, we may charge you a reasonable fee as an administrative expense.
- correction of your data (if necessary);
- erasure of your personal (‘right to be forgotten’) data if:
- the processing of such data is no longer necessary for the purpose(s) forwhich they were processed by us;
- you have withdrawn a previously given consent;
- you object to the processing;
- the personal data would have been unlawfully processed by us;
- this is necessary to comply with a legal obligation; or
- the personal data would have been processed in connection with an offer ofonline services to children.
- restriction of processing that relates to you in cases specified in the applicable data protection legislation.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your data. You can, at any time and free of charge, object to the processing of your data for direct marketing purposes (see section 4.3 above). This can be simply done by sending us an email (email@example.com) or by unsubscribing via the link or button at the bottom of such marketing messages.
- You have the right to data portability (transfer of your data to another data controller (if applicable)). This is only possible if the processing by us is based on your consent or the processing is carried out by automated processes.
- If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of the processing on the basis of your consent that was granted prior to your withdrawal.
- In the event of a complaint, you can contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The exercise of your rights, as set out above, is always subject to the requirements and conditions set out in the applicable data protection legislation (including the GDPR).
- To exercise your rights, you can simply send us a request to email@example.com. In doing so, you must identify yourself. If we have any reason to doubt your identity, we may ask you for additional information necessary to verify and confirm your identity. Generally, we will request a copy of your identity card in order to verify who is actually making the request. Please ensure that any information or data not required for the verification and confirmation of your identity is blacked out or otherwise removed or rendered illegible.
Who is responsible for processing your data?
- We (BrandsOnline). We are the so-called ‘controller’. This means that we determine the purposes and means of the processing and are responsible for the lawful processing of your personal data through or related to the Website.
How to contact us?
Why and on which basis do we process your data?
BrandsOnline processes your personal data for:
- Contact, enquiries, information We process your personal data via the Website in order to contact you, process any questions you may have and provide you with the necessary information about our products and services, promotions, discounts, our Website or other information related to our activities.We process your data (or those of your company or organization) in the context of the preparation and/or execution of an agreement with you or on the basis of our legitimate (commercial) interests which, if appropriate, outweigh your (privacy) rights (as you can reasonably expect such processing in the context of the use of our Website). If you do not provide us with certain information or data, such as your identification data, we will not be able to contact you, provide you with a quote or provide any products or services to you.
- Services – user management We process your personal data via the contact form available on our Website to make our services available to you, to manage our contractual relationship, to contact you, to process your questions or complaints, for back office or help desk purposes, administration. If you do not provide us with certain information or data, such as your identification data, we will not be able to provide our services or make the contact with us available to you.
- We may process your data to ensure the optimal functioning of and to optimize and support our Website. When you use our Website, we may process certain electronic data in this regard, such as cookies for mobile devices or similar technologies that are used to collect data. They can facilitate the interaction between you as a user / visitor and our Website and are used in order to improve your user experience and for the collection of statistics among the users / visitors. Cookies also allow us to store your preferences on the Website. Certain cookies may be placed by a third party for measuring the use of our Website.
- Direct marketing BrandsOnline can use your personal data for commercial and advertising communication purposes (direct marketing). Strictly personal communication, greetings and surveys do not constitute direct marketing. BrandsOnline can send you commercial and advertising messages about its products and/or services or other information that could be interesting or useful to you, by email, newsletter on certain social networks or other means. If you are an existing customer of BrandsOnline, we rely on our legitimate (commercial) interests to process your personal data for direct marketing purposes, which outweigh your (privacy) rights or interests. However, if you are not an existing customer of BrandsOnline, your prior consent (e.g. via subscription on our Website) is required for unsolicited commercial messages and/or processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. Your consent can be withdrawn at any time. If you wish that your personal data is no longer processed for such commercial and/or advertising purposes, you have the right to object at any time (unsubscribe or oppose to such processing), free of charge and without assigning any reason. To opt-out you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or unsubscribe via the link or button at the bottom of such marketing messages.
- The prevention of fraud or other illegal or unlawful use of the Website: We may process your data to block or deny access to the Website to you or other users who violate any agreement(s) with BrandsOnline, our policies, statements or applicable law and to take action against you or other users.
- We may process your data for other legitimate (commercial) purposes to the extent permitted by applicable law, such as to facilitate our operations and services, generate aggregated statistics, perform market analysis, apply our policies, statements and procedures, defend against claims or demands, protect our user and/or customers and their rights, and protect the rights of third parties, if any.
- We may process your data for transmission to third parties such as partners, service providers, suppliers, authorities and / or other contracting parties of BrandsOnline (see also section 6 below) for the implementation of the previous points.
- Compliance with applicable laws: Finally, we may process your data to comply with applicable laws or lawful requests or orders by supervisory authorities, courts or government agencies.